Trinity members and guests enjoy several opportunities for study, spiritual growth and fellowship. We offer Sunday School classes September through May, discussion groups, social outings, retreats and other events throughout the year.
Our adult Sunday School classes include:
Bible Study (Parlor) – this lecture-style class studies scripture within the historical context of the Bible and leaves ample time for discussion. Currently, we are studying the New Testament.
The Well (Heritage Room) – This class begins with fellowship and then discusses scripture relating to that day’s sermon.
Contact the church office at 704-366-3554 for more information or Reverend Jodi Martin, Director of Christian Formation and Youth.
|Group||Place and Time||Information|
|Wednesday Study Group||Parlor, Wednesday, 10 a.m.-noon, September-May||Explore faith through books and discussion. Participants reflect on God’s presence throughout life and creation.|
|Jane B. Arant Thursday Study Group||Parlor, Thursday, 10 a.m. – noon, September-May||Named for Trinity’s long-time music director, this group explores faith through religious and secular texts, videos and field trips.|
|Men’s Breakfast Group||Youth Center, Second Monday of the month at 7:30 a.m.||Breakfast and fellowship are followed by a scripture reading and five-minute devotional.|
|Trinity Book Club||Leroy Fox, Third Tuesday of each month, at 7 p.m.||Dinner and book discussion. Past books include Gilead, Rules of Civility, and Gone Girl.|
At every baptism, the congregation pledges to support the child along his or her faith journey.
SUNDAY SCHOOL (9:45 a.m., May-September, currently all gathers are online via Zoom)
- Infant and Toddler Class (Birth – 23 months) Two consistent childcare workers read Bible stories, sing songs and play.
- Preschool (2-4yr olds): We use the Whirl curriculum to help teach Bible stories, along with hands-on crafts and projects.
- TK/K-1st Grade: This class uses the church calendar and faith-based stories to teach about Jesus.
- Grades 2-3: This class studies the Old Testament.
- Grades 4-5: This class studies the New Testament.
Childcare – Children ages five & up attend Worship. Younger children are always welcome! Childcare for children four and under is available during Worship.
At Trinity, we help our youth build stronger relationships with God, our church family and our community. We believe in growing together, welcoming all.
- Sunday School (Grades 6-12, Youth Center) – This class explores scripture as it relates to life situations and social issues.
- Sunday Night Youth Fellowship: During the school year, our 6th-12th graders eat dinner and meet in the Youth Center from 5– 6:30 p.m.
- We encourage our youth to grow as leaders in Worship. They read scripture on Sunday mornings, participate as acolytes, ushers and crucifers. Other growth and leadership opportunities include Youth Sunday and serving as elders on our Session. We encourage our youth to attend the summer Montreat and Massanetta Youth Conferences.
- Trinity’s Youth serve and learn through our partnership with The Urban Ministry Center, Mission Trip, and Souper Bowl of Caring. Our annual Silent Auction and BBQ help fund our mission travels.
For more than 40 years, Trinity members and guests have claimed the third weekend in October at Montreat’s Assembly Inn. Whether it’s climbing to the top of Lookout Mountain, shopping, visiting a microbrewery, singing by the fire, taking a stroll around Lake Susan, watching football together, or napping on Saturday afternoon, there is something for all ages.