Instructions for Greeters
Thank you for volunteering to be a Greeter at Trinity! The purpose of Greeters is to be a welcoming and warm presence for our members and especially, visitors. These instructions can be found in the Narthex in the top middle drawer of the sideboard, under the TV.
- Arrive at the Sanctuary sometime between 10:30 a.m. to 10:40 a.m. on Sunday morning.
- Organize the front table by ensuring:
- Bulletins are in place,
- Masks are available,
- Connect Folders are out,
- Children’s bags are easily accessible.
- Open the Narthex doors leading into the Sanctuary (the two glass doors and doors on left/right of Sanctuary).
- Open the front doors at around 10:50 a.m. (weather permitting. If it’s cold, open one door).
- When people start arriving, ensure they have a bulletin and any other items needed to be distributed that day (i.e., if it is Communion Sunday, please direct them to the basket of communion cups).
- To the best of your ability, please greet and be a welcoming presence to each individual or family that walks through our doors. Be available for any questions that people might have about worship, restroom location, etc.
- At around 11:05 a.m., after the announcements start, close the glass Narthex doors.
- At around 11:15 a.m., close the front Sanctuary doors.
- Should Jodi King not be at the worship service, please count the number of people present in Worship (including choir members) and leave a note in Cheryl’s workroom mailbox or email her.
- Feel free to worship with us in the Sanctuary after 11:15 a.m.
- During the last hymn, open the glass doors and sanctuary doors (weather permitting).
- Please gather leftover and recycle bin bulletins and bring to the workroom.
If you are interested in volunteering to be a greeter, please sign-up HERE. Thank you for helping us to make Trinity a more welcoming place!
-The Welcoming Ministry Team and Worship Ministry Team